Tuesday 16 April 2013

April Mid Month Check-Up


Here comes the mid-month review. 

Mortgage - Successfully doubled-up
Retirement/Emergency Savings - On Track
House Maintenance - Savings are up to $1,021.49. I could easily replace my water heater if it went at this point. 
Housing Taxes/Insurance – Taxes savings are at $634.60 with the bill (about $1,200 due by the end of June.  There was a nice jump thanks to some provincial tax refunds.  Insurance is on Track
Big Ticket Items - $143.14 in savings, just a bit frustraiting that this is growing so slowly. 
Travel - On Track
Health Insurance - Spent
Bus Pass - Spent
Cell Phone/Internet - Bills have not yet arrived, but I have a bit extra hanging around in this category just in case. 
Car Savings - Going well, and I am so not in a rush to get a car. 
Train - $89 still there.  Almost two sets of round trip tickets. 
Other Transportation - $90.70 set aside, my city has an awesome bus system.  
Utilities – Billing cycle got a bit convoluted this month, I’ve already paid and I still have $146.86 for next month. 
Food - $169.42 left.  Yes, I know there is a ridiculous amount here, but I’m not sure of the costs of starting a garden so I’ll leave the excess for a bit.   
Miscellaneous - $2.09 left.  Plus a bit in my wallet. 
Entertainment - $5.  Lucky the library doesn’t cost me or I’d be broke! 
Social/Sports - $10, slowly saving for next years dues.  
Clothes - $40
Gifts - $18.73.  
Financial Planning - $25 For some reason they haven’t started my monthly deductions.  Oh well. 

Little and big seem to be on track, and I can happily report that my houseguest has paid her rent ($420) and my double up mortgage payment for the next month is ready to go!  

No comments:

Post a Comment