Friday 31 May 2013

Food Waste Meets Goal Review End May


It being both a Friday and the end of the month I get to do a double post!  First off the only food that got binned this week was the remnants of a kitchen experiment.  Meet the not so tasty split pea salad that I made and tried to eat.  I did manage to eat most of it besides the fact that it was decidedly bland and had way too much onion.  At this point it’s a bit to old to consume to I’m tossing the rest with a certain cense of relief.  The next part is my monthly goal review. 

Financial

- Set up RRSP investments with my return of value pension from the military and contribute $359 a month for the year, along with any tax refunds. CHECK [My RRSP and Locked-in Account are all set up and I just keep setting aside my 10%.]

- Pay off house in 5 years.  I should be able to accomplish this by doubling up every payment and paying a 10% lump sum every year.  CHECK [Revised my mortgage plan to make sure it was still do-able.  Also bringing in some extra money by renting out one of my rooms to a colleague for $400 a month over three months, as well as tutoring three hours a week.]

Educational

-Start Masters of Science / Masters of Science in Nursing in the fall.  CHECK [Met with my thesis supervisors, which was great.  They seem to be really interested in what I want to do and preparing me for life/job after Masters.]

Social

-Join two new clubs in the local area.  Kind Of [I skipped off quilting club over the last month to tutor.  It’s shutting down this month for the summer.  The writing group is struggling a bit to get consistent meeting attendance, fingers crossed.] 

Other

-Have my novel accepted to be published.  I plan to have it ready by the end of the month (January), so I can start sending it out. CHECK [My query letter got answered!  They wanted, and I sent in, the first three chapters of my novel.  Got to say I’m a bit on cloud nine.]

-Become a respite foster parent. CHECK [Medical’s been completed and I started my training course, 2 classes down, 8 to go.]

-Take a big backpacking trip solo. CHECK [Saving is going as planned and I haven’t touched my vacation days yet.] 

-Finish my current crafting projects.  Kind Of [One month left to get my most important project done, it may be a tad bit tight.] 

I’ll give myself 87.5%.  A couple of goals have been lagging but the goals that I have made progress on have grown by leaps and bounds.  In June I want to focus on a couple of things.  1.GET MY EMBROIDERY DONE (and wrapped in time to be given as a gift). 2. Take a good long look at my travel plans.  3. Do some studying in preparation for starting my Masters (I’m kind of straddling two very different fields and I need to make sure I am ready for the more technical portion.) 

1 comment:

  1. Well I am officially giving you 100% (anything 80% or above in my opinion ios a full pass rate - I'm the queen of 'good enough' now).
    Gosh you have accomplished a lot! What fantastic news about the novel. Make sure you tell everyone in blogland when it progresses, I'd personally love to hear more.

    ReplyDelete