Tuesday 15 October 2013

Thanksgiving

Yes, I realize it's actually the day after thanks giving but yesterday comprised of a leisurely brunch and some rather laid back house work accompanied by some of my favourite shows. So I sat back and enjoyed myself.

I did, however, do some reflecting on the things that I am thankful for. (The list is in no particular order.)

1. My family. I truly have the most amazing and supportive family any one could hope for. That includes my extended family. When ever we get together there's lots of reminiscing and creating of new good times. Any time somebody needs something the rest of the family pulls together to help them out. Sure, we're not perfect. But that would be a tad boring.

2. My health. While I do have a busted knee I'm a lot better off then a lot of the people in the world. I can still move about easily and take care of my self. My health is not gradually deteriorating. I have all of my sense and my mind is more or less together. (With a 95% confidence interval depending on how close to stats class I am.)

3. The chance to push my horizons. I'm working at a job that pushes me intellectually and I'm working on a Masters that will allow me to enter into the field of independent research. (And make really cool discoveries that will change the world!)

4. My job and financial savvy. I was lucky enough to be introduced to the world of personal finance as a teenager.  Add that to the fact that I was surrounded by people willing to point me in the right direction and you have the makings of a true personal finance nerd. :) I also managed to find a good job that pays well, is extremely flexible, and has introduced me to the field of research.

5. My Dreams. I'm so very glad that I'm a dreamer. It gives my life direction and passion. I'm not sure I'll ever understand how some one can exist without a dream that puts fire in their eyes.

So . . . That's what I'm thankful for. I hope that you have just as much to be glad about.

No comments:

Post a Comment