Monday 30 June 2014

Writing Camp Is Here!

This is a bit of a short notice announcement however I thought it prudent to give a last minute shout out:

Camp NaNoWriMo starts on the 1st of July. All writers welcome, no experience necessary!

The National Novel Writing Month organization is dedicated to helping writers and as a result runs two virtual camps in the summer when folks can get together, set a writing goal, and active it with the support of the online community. you can sign up here: http://campnanowrimo.org.

I've taken part in this year's April camp and last year's November contest. If you're intimidated by November's 50,000 word challenge then Camp is a great way to warm up your writing since you get to set your own goals and can chose to work in a cabin where a dozen writers come together to support one another. I've found that NaNo events help me to integrate writing fiction as a daily part of my life instead a nice to have after all of the Master's papers are done. NaNo's challenges have helped me to grow as an author and are well attended in the virtual world.

I'm looking forward to camp, hope you'll consider joining me!

No comments:

Post a Comment