Wednesday 1 January 2014

New Year

I generally don't partake in large New Year Celebrations. I spend it with may family, we'll have a nice dinner, a movie or games and then a small toast (Egg Nog!) when the count down is over. Despite the fact that our celebrations aren't grand I've always enjoyed New Years Eve. There's just something about standing on the cusp of a new year that makes me excited about what the next year is going to hold. After all the last year was grand so the next one should be stupendous. Here's what 2014 has in store for me:

-Four masters classes in four months. (The normal load is three but I don't do things small.)

-I'll start taking respite foster care placements. I've working at the approval for 7 months, but the social worker in charge of my file says it will be signed soon and I can start the fun part.

-Lots of new stories written down. I've been writing stories down since I was a kid, but it was just in the past November that I made it a priority, and that feels great. In 2014 I'll plan on spending an minimum hour a day (20 min on the bus to work, 30 min on my lunch break and 20 min on the bus home) writing fiction. Who knows? Maybe I'll even manage to sell a story.

-Summer vacation at the cottage. With my cousins summer vacation is always a hoot and nature doesn't get any better than my grandfather's cottage.

-Start my thesis. Kind of a big scary unknown, but I've got some great classmates and a couple of really supportive supervisors.

-At my current rate of saving I should become Financially Self Sustaining sometime in 2014. Which means that, if I really had to, I could live off of my Net Worth indefinitely. (Granted there would be no fun and my house would have to be sold for more modest accommodations, but I could keep a roof over my head and food on the table.)

In short my 2014 looks like it's going to hold a lot of interesting happenings, and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment