Sunday 30 December 2012

And so it begins

So, a blog.  I've been reading blogs for a while now and every one that I read I do so for a different reason.  Some I follow because I want to learn from experts, others because I want a look into the life of a person who is absolutely and completely different than me.  The blogs are written for a number of different reasons.  Some do it for a profit, some for the satisfaction of sharing their expertise, others do it for therapy.

Which is why when I considered writing this blog I had to ask myself two major questions.  Who would read this blog, and why am I writing it?  Who and why.  Pretty big questions when taking on a new project and I honestly can't answer the first one.  I don't know who will read this: they won't be reading it to learn for an expert, as The Doctor would say I am less of a young professional and more of an ancient amateur.  I suppose that they could read it to look into the life of a person unlike themselves, and are we all not identical in our uniqueness?

The second question is just as complicated.  It would be nice to make some money from my writing, but to be honest, I don't have the desire to create a business plan, to stress over ad placement and keeping a constant flow of high quality consumer-driven articles.  As for therapy, well lets just say anything that I write to relieve stress has no business in the public eye.  Thanks, but I'll spare us all.  Which, once again, leads us back to why.  The simple answer is I want to.  Deep huh?  I like to write, the idea of a blog intrigues me, so here it is.

Hello world, it is so very nice to speak with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment